GLSEN West Michigan's Jump-Start Team is a group of student leaders that work to create safe K-12 schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. To achieve this goal, the team organizes educational programs and actions in the community to promote inclusion, safety, and respect for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students.
Jump-Start Team Student Coordinators must be:
- committed to safe schools
- committed to being part of an inclusive community
- responsible - able to follow-through on organizing tasks and commitments
- interested in developing/deepening leadership, organizing and facilitation skills
- collaborative - enjoy working with others
For more information, please contact Justin Barr (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nominations are due May 16th.
To nominate someone, fill out the following sections of this page and click “Submit Form”. Nominees will receive phone calls or emails for follow up questions the week of May 19th. Decisions on nominations will be made and communicated by May 23rd.